Primary Care Pharmacy Consortium 2019
Updated: May 7, 2020
A Milestone for a New Landscape of Hong Kong Primary Care Pharmacy Service
View Event Page or Report
Jointly organised by the Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy and Pharmacists Connect, the Primary Care Pharmacy Consortium 2019 was successfully held on 23 June 2019 at the Centennial Campus.
The Consortium has invited guest speakers and participants from non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and different healthcare settings. During the sharing sessions, the invited local community-based providers shared their visions, experiences, opportunities, and challenges in delivering pharmacy services in different areas:
- Community outreach
- Medication dispensing and management services
- Medication management systems and technologies
With the forthcoming commencement of the first District Health Centre, the Consortium has also invited Mr Peter Poon, Executive Director of Kwai Tsing District Health Centre to introduce the government-initiated, brand-new operation model in primary care setting.
Throughout the programme, speakers and the
participants contributed insightful comments and ideas on the development of primary care pharmacy service in Hong Kong. The event signifies the engagement and concerted efforts by the Consortium to foster the networking and collaborations between social welfare sector, healthcare providers, and academia on:
- Planning, implementation, and evaluation of primary care pharmacy services;
- Research to guide evidence-based pharmacy practice in primary care setting;
- Education to nurture the next generation of leaders in primary healthcare system.